Friday, January 20, 2012

Small things

Today was a very productive day for making small things.  I finished all the potholders.

I really like how these turned out and will definitely be doing more like them in the future. They are fun and easy to make.  Nothing like instant gratification... :D and who couldn't use a few more potholders/hot pads?

My favorite is the churn dash. I think it is just because it has dots in the fabric. I hope the recipient likes them too.

Next I made a tortilla warmer for the wedding couple. I almost didn't have enough fabric for it. That is why there is a seam down the middle of this side. This took all of 15 minutes to cut out and sew together.



I had made one for my SIL last year and my daughter loves to use it.


I also made a birthday bib for my granddaughter. She turned one this month and we are having her birthday party this Sunday. 


I think it turned out great! Of course, it will be covered in real cake Sunday!  My daughter told me that my granddaughter took her first steps today.  How exciting it is to see these little ones experience life's firsts.
Finally, I made a growth chart for the birthday girl.


I quilted it on my Elna. Boy was that strange after using the Juki on the frame. I think it turned out ok, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment