Sunday, January 8, 2012

First finish for 2012

Here is my first finish for 2012 and the 45th quilt I have made. I call it "Prism". Not a very original name. It is based on the "Depression Era Quilt" pattern by Paula Stoddard of Pacific Patchwork.



I love the effect of this pattern because it is pretty scrappiness!  Here is a close-up of the quilting.



It is a free motion flower that I copied from a tutorial by Judi of Green Fairy Quilts at flower-swirl-quilting-tutorial.  Of course, her flowers are much prettier and consistent than mine.

I said in my first post on this blog that I have gained much inspiration and information from the blogs I have followed the last year or so.  This is a prime example of such inspiration and knowledge.  I desire to take my quilting skills to the next level by improving upon free motion quilting techniques.  Bloggers like Judi who share their knowledge are wonderful to learners like myself.  I am sure many who take on the task of quilting a just-pieced quilt stare at it for a while wondering where to begin, as I do.  Merely looking at some of the designs that other quilters have used (and shared online) is oftentimes inspiration enough for me to plunge into my next quilting project. So, thank you to all who share online. It is most appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Ok this is my first time to blog! I hope I am doing this right? Well Jenice I am very proud of you! You opened up a new world to me and taught me so much! I never thought I could be this creative also. I really like this quilt! I believe you are getting better and smoother with the quilting (maybe because you got that fancy mid-arm) I think I really like the three-dimensional affect this quilt has! Good job Sis!

    ReplyDelete