Saturday, January 21, 2012

Love is.. #2

I finished my second "Love Is" quilt. Of course this means that I have lost my backdrop for taking pictures of my little projects that I finish. I had better get busy and get another one loaded so I can have a new backdrop... :-D

 I love the colors! In case you can't tell, it is yellow, pink, and green.

Here are a couple of close-ups of the quilting.


More of the swirly flower..

 


This is from the "Love Is" pattern by Paula Stoddard of Pacific Patchwork.  You can find the pattern here.

I like having an embroidery project to work on at a leisurely pace.  I have actually started another one for my sister. There's no telling when I will finish that one. I started this one over a year ago. 

Oh! I wanted to mention that I used Mountain Mist Cream Rose batting. Bad idea!  I will never use that batting again.  It is very thin. It's a good thing I got the king size so I could double the batting for this to make up for the thinness. And it kept clogging up my bobbin holder and the whole needle mechanism.  I had to stop and clean everything twice for each bobbin-full.  It took forever to quilt at that rate.  Very frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment