Friday, February 3, 2012

Progress on January challenge quilt

I'm gonna make my deadline for sure as long as no real disaster strikes.  Woohoo!  Here is the top all pieced and ready to quilt.


I was trying to decide if I wanted to add borders. I went without. I think the blocks are so pretty and I love the fact that no two are alike in any way, except for size. This is for a couple who are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary this month. That is so awesome!  I am half way there... :D  I decided to add four more blocks to make it bigger and to square it out.  I don't think they are very obvious.

I am almost half way on the quilting. Here are some close ups--





It's kind of a mixture of meandering feathers and clamshells.  I get a little lost and trapped at times, so it isn't as smooth as I would like it.  The green line is a chalk mark I put on where the boundary of my quilting area is for that pass so I don't end up with a lot of straight lines because I bump up against the takeup roll. That is not pretty when you have a bunch of curvy things and then all of a sudden there's this straight line. I know - no quilt police and all, but still I want it to be as perfect as I can make it. So, I am gonna count this one as a completion for January's challenge since the top was pieced by the 31st. My computer has been acting up this week and I had a 51 hour week at work, thus the excuse reason for my lateness in posting this.

3 comments:

  1. A really beautiful quilt and the quilting is great. Thank you for sharing this - I love the "no border" look. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! i love the setting- soemthing different and refreshing for a sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt! I'm sure the couple receiving this will be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete