Monday, December 26, 2011

A New Phase in this quilting adventure

Hello blogland!  My name is Jenice. I have been a quilter for about three years now. I have been following many bloggers for most of that time.  I have gained so much inspiration from the blogs I have followed and I would like to "pay it forward" so to speak. Hopefully, I can inspire others with what I have been able to accomplish.  Many friends and family that I talk to about quilting tell me that they cannot do what I do. I always tell them that they can learn if they have the time to try.

My friend, Linda, got me into quilting in 2009. She invited me to a "Sew Fun" night at Quilter's Dream , my local LQS.  This is held once a month on a Friday night. We sew/eat/shop/talk/play from 6 to midnight.  It is a great time to visit with fellow quilters, as well as gain insight, encouragement, and help on our current quilting projects.  The first time I went to Sew Fun, I took my knitting. I couldn't see how people would want to drag their sewing machines all the way to a quilt shop!  Boy, have I come a long way.  The next step was to take a class at Quilter's Dream. I have been hooked ever since.

Since late 2009, I have made 42 quilts, of which 22 were baby/crib size.  I have pictures of most of them, but not all in one place.  This is the place I would like to document them, as well as the ones I have begun and those I will do in the future.

I have amassed quite a quilting library, a pretty good fabric stash, and multiple UFO's.  This last item is the catalyst for my new blog.  I am going to participate in Judy Laquidara's 2012 UFO Challenge. I have more than the 12 UFO's needed, but if I can get at least 12 completed in 2012, I would be a happy camper!

 So, here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment